Junior Overheads Accountant
Are you looking to grow your career in the vibrant world of energies trading?
You have a solid experience in accounting? If yes, we have a great opportunity for you!
We are hiring a Junior Overheads Accountant, to join our team. We would love to see your profile!
TotalEnergies has developed a strong expertise in oil and biofuels, natural gas and electricity trading. Trading entities are based in Geneva, Paris, Houston and Singapore.
Today, thanks to an international openness, a political and economic stability and strong competences in the financing of commodity trading and shipping, Switzerland has a leading position in international commodity trade.
This is why TotalEnergies installed naturally its European trading hub across oil and biofuels, natural gas and electricity in Geneva, which now bring together very large teams around trading activities: Trading & Shipping (T&S) and TotalEnergies Gas and Power (TGP).
We are committed to meet the energy needs of a growing population and we are committed to the energy transition. The volatility of the energy trading markets requires excellence in risk management and a culture of innovation. We are fully embracing the digital revolution.
Our people flourish in an environment that promotes expertise, entrepreneurship spirit, agility and a purpose-driven culture, generating boundless opportunities to learn, grow and achieve collaborative success.
Reinforcing the competencies of our people is a key pillar of our culture: we train our people to ensure their development and we pledge to encourage safety in all our actions.
We look for passion, ambition and open-mindedness. While we evolve in a demanding industry that requests to be always on the edge, we cultivate a friendly workplace where our people feel good, where team spirit and respect guide our daily routine, where the diversity of our people and their skills create a nourishing experience for all of us.
What you will do
As a Junior Overheads Accountant, you will be charge of the general expenses of two companies (T&S and TGP), multi-currencies, with two different accounting plans:
- Statistics: 10,000 invoices and 8,000 expense reports per year (T&S / TGP)
- Liaison with Treasury, VAT, and financial controlling departments of T&S, and TGP accounting department
- In a team of four people (including the supervisor)
Your main responsibilities will be the following:
1 – T&S overheads monitoring
- Ensure correct bookings of payments for general expenses and expense reports
- Verify provisions, charges to be reallocated, salaries, social charges, expense reports, invoices and other general expenses, depreciation and fixed assets
- Verify new counterparts (Payments instructions , etc.)
- Analyse monthly variations between budget and actual and provide qualitative explanations to Financial Controlling
- Verify invoice hedges if necessary
- Prepare and review monthly service charge billings to the Group
2- Monitoring of TGP’s general expense accounts as part of TGP’s mutualisation
3- Salary monitoring within accounting system
- Ensure reconciliation of salaries provided by HR
- Manage Dubai office expenses
- Prepare Swiss VAT declaration
- Review monthly/quarterly reciprocities with several major subsidiaries of the Group (including oil and derivatives purchases/sales)
- Automate and simplify expense tracking tools
- Ensures the reliability of the accounts of its sectors/books.
- Responsible for the reliability of the accounts and the respect of the deadlines of T&S and affiliates
- Good compliance with legal, tax and accounting obligations
- You have a Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Finance and Accounting
- This opportunity is also open to fresh graduates looking for a first professional experience
- You are rigorous, committed and a strong sense of organization
- You are responsive and able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people
- You are resilient and versatile and can easily adapt to change
- You fluently speak French and English
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Excel, VBA and PWBI
- Ability to work autonomously
At TotalEnergies, we believe that our employees’ fulfilment has its roots in the wealth of the experiences they are offered. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to respecting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Become one of the drivers of energy transition with TotalEnergies Trading & Shipping.
TotalEnergies is a broad energy company that produces and markets energies on a global scale: oil and biofuels, natural gas and green gases, renewables and electricity. Our 105,000 employees are committed to energy that is ever more affordable, clean, reliable and accessible to as many people as possible. Active in more than 130 countries, TotalEnergies puts sustainable development in all its dimensions at the heart of its projects and operations to contribute to the well-being of people
Trading Shipping :
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with TotalEnergies. We are one of the most active players in the international oil markets, trading with a vast network of customers and suppliers worldwide: national oil companies, producers, other oil majors, refiners, traders, distributors and end-users.
We have developed a set of trading strategies and expertise, which allows us to respond permanently to market changes and opportunities, on all physical and paper oil markets.
Satisfying the energy needs of a growing world population, curbing global warming, and adapting to changing customer behaviors and expectations are the three challenges that TotalEnergies must meet over the next 20 years. With its biomass blending and trading activity, TotalEnergies Trading & Shipping is an active participant in the development of sustainable biofuels. Our maritime transport expertise also helps to reduce the carbon footprint of sea transportation and we recently announced the time chartering of new vessels equipped with LNG propulsion.